The Winnipeg Construction Association is an incorporated, not-for-profit trade association representing commercial contractors and suppliers throughout Manitoba. We currently have over 800 member firms, including manufacturers, suppliers, financial institutions, lawyers, insurance and bonding companies and brokers.
We offer a variety of valuable services to our members, including valuable construction information, education sessions designed specifically for the ICI construction industry, networking events where members can have fun while growing their business contacts and advocacy with all levels of government as it pertains to the construction industry.
To serve and promote the construction industry in Manitoba, and to enhance the quality of work and the prosperity of its members.
The objectives of the Winnipeg Construction Association are:
- To represent the commercial construction industry at all levels of government and to ensure that the industry has input and influence into policy development and changing legislation.
- To develop educational seminars that address specific industry needs and emerging issues such as better supervision, builders’ lien, construction law, and technology issues.
- To maintain an active liaison with business, professional, and community organizations to ensure that issues of mutual concern can be addressed.
- To provide networking opportunities for members including meetings, golf tournaments, and social events.
- To operate, for the benefit of members, a construction information service that facilitates sharing and viewing of construction opportunities.
- To develop relevant membership programs that take advantage of a large company base and generate cost or service advantages for members.